Monday, October 5, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Saturday night we went to Veterans Park to see the fireworks, and our friend took a picture of the four of us:
Shortly after this was taken, the fireworks started, and then the rain started. We sat in the rain and watched for a little while, but when it really started coming down, we left. The boys and I came back home that night.
Sunday we went to our cousins' house for a cookout, and Big Brother got his first sparkler. It is kind of dark, but if you look closely, you can see his sweet little face lit up.
Our cousins and their neighbors were setting off fireworks as well. Little Brother decided he didn't like the noise, so he and I came on home. Daddy says Big Brother had a really good time!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Then today we found a baby bird in our back yard. It's pretty big for a baby, but it can't fly yet. Both boys were fascinated, of course, but since Little Brother just wanted to poke it, we had to keep him away from it. Here are some pictures of Big Brother and the bird:
Sunday, April 19, 2009
P.S. She has a great giveaway going on right now from Home Depot--make sure to enter!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
("We're on our way!")
(Walking into the school with Daddy)
(His new classroom)
Here's some video of Big Brother in his classroom:
Friday, April 10, 2009
And here are the after pictures:
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Ok--I really, really, REALLY want to win this one! And I deserve it! I don't compulsively shop; I don't buy clothes and shoes and purses when I know we don't have the money for them. I WANT THIS PRIZE!!!!!! My splurges are on the name brand groceries/diapers or a gift for the boys... Don't you think I should win? :)
Ok, make sure you enter too...... http://kmaccreations.blogspot.com/
Friday, March 20, 2009
I am in Florida this week enjoying some relaxing time with the family. The grandparents have really helped out a lot with the boys, so I have REALLY had a great vacation. In fact, they are spending the night with Nanny and Gramps tonight for the first time. Scott and I are SO excited!!!!! I'll let you know how it goes next time.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Second, through Sunday (March 8) Ann Taylor Loft is giving $15 toward a new pair of pants when you bring in a "gently-used" old pair of pants to donate to Goodwill. I called the Indian Lake location, and they are participating. The employee told me you can bring in more than one pair! I believe this deal excludes denim, though.
I am going to have to take advantage of these! Happy shopping!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
By the way, I have enabled anonymous comments now, so if you weren't leaving comments because you didn't have a google account, try to leave one now. Just put your name in the body of the comment if you want me to know who you are. :)
Thursday, February 5, 2009
It's not that we're not romantic; Scott and I just decided a long time ago that we didn't need to waste money on one random day (when prices are jacked up anyway) when we could express our love every day of the year (puke, right?). I began by forbidding him from getting me flowers since they really are more expensive at that time (unless you can find a good deal like: long-stemmed red roses from Aldi for $16.99--also from Ms. Cheap).
Let me know if you do this--I'd love to hear how it was!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
1. I have lived in 8 different cities but only 4 states.
2. I used to figure skate when I was little.
3. I went to modeling school when I was a teenager (but I didn't "graduate").
4. I have a BA in Math and French, but I can't speak french anymore.
5. My oldest son is named after my favorite book.
6. I have watched "Days of Our Lives" since I was a child (and still do).
7. I never knew any of my great-grandparents.
8. I have traveled to Canada, England, France, Spain, and Italy.
9. I would really like to go to Egypt and see the pyramids some day.
10. I have no athletic ability whatsoever.
11. I am a total germaphobe (in fact, though I joke about it, I really do have OCD).
12. I love the snow!
13. I had 2 pet snakes in college.
14. I have 2 tattoos.
15. I used to have my belly button pierced (before I had children).
16. I LOVE John Travolta!
17. I know how to swim, but I hate the water.
18. I am very, very, very picky about what movies I'll see, but I'll read almost anything.
19. I am still friends with my best friend from elementary school (we were in each other's weddings!).
20. My mom passed away on Christmas Eve 2005, when my oldest son was only 6 months old.
21. I was born at the Naval Academy Hospital (which doesn't exist anymore) b/c my dad was a teacher there.
22. I love my family and thank God for them!!!
23. My husband is converting to catholicism, but I am methodist.
24. I was half the diving team for one year in high school until I figured out I was afraid of heights...
25. I am an only child (hopefully you can't tell...).
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
This post is my complaint about The Biggest Loser. If you haven't seen this week's episode yet, STOP READING NOW! SPOILER ALERT!!!! How could they choose to eliminate Damien over Joelle? I was totally shocked! Do you think it was a game-playing strategy? That's the only thing that makes sense to me, because Joelle is clearly not much competition. What do you think?
Sunday, January 18, 2009
I just wanted to introduce you to the newest member of our family: meet Phoebe! We adopted her from a shelter yesterday, and she is so sweet! She is still quite shy around the boys (imagine that), so she hides in our bedroom while they're awake. But once they go to sleep, she is downstairs with us ready to be petted...A LOT! I don't know if you can tell, but she is missing about 70% of her tail--we don't know what happened to her. It doesn't seem to bother her, though. :)
Friday, January 16, 2009
Ok, Friends: what deals did you get at Target?
Monday, January 12, 2009
And that brought me to another thought: my best friend has a mental list of the "best money she has spent in her life." (In other words, the things she felt like were most important to her and what they cost.) Me? Not so much. I pretty much just waste money, it seems, or spend it on necessities like groceries and toilet paper. I hope today's experience will go on Scott's list. Do you have a list like that? I'd love to hear about it!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Here was this weekend's good deal: $1.70 Dole diced apples at Big Lots. I love Big Lots! You never know what you're going to find. My kids eat the diced apples, and they're usually $2-$3 at Kroger, so I was super excited! Use caution when buying food there, though; sometimes it is out of date (or close to it).
What good deals have you found lately?