Monday, July 6, 2009

July 4th weekend

We had a wonderful July 4th weekend. We left Friday and joined some friends at their cabin in Granville, TN. I had never even heard of Granville before, but it is a cool little town. I told them it was like we stepped back in time. I tried to find some pictures online, but I couldn't find any. You'll just have to take my word for it.


Saturday night we went to Veterans Park to see the fireworks, and our friend took a picture of the four of us:

Shortly after this was taken, the fireworks started, and then the rain started. We sat in the rain and watched for a little while, but when it really started coming down, we left. The boys and I came back home that night.

Sunday we went to our cousins' house for a cookout, and Big Brother got his first sparkler. It is kind of dark, but if you look closely, you can see his sweet little face lit up.



Our cousins and their neighbors were setting off fireworks as well. Little Brother decided he didn't like the noise, so he and I came on home. Daddy says Big Brother had a really good time!


2 comments:

  1. The Shavers all look so FESTIVE! I love it. :)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of your patriotic shirts. Way to go!
    Grumpy

    ReplyDelete