Saturday, January 24, 2009

A sad day

A good friend of mine (my husband's best friend) lost his mom today after a battle with cancer. My mom passed away 3 years ago, so I know the pain he is going through. It is often such a confusing time because you are sad for yourself and others that were left behind, but you are happy to know that your loved one is no longer suffering. I remember truly feeling peace when I accepted the fact that it was selfish of me to want her back; I realized I should be rejoicing that she was whole again, pain-free again, and where she deserved to be. Don't get me wrong: I miss her terribly. Every day. Three years later I still almost pick up the phone to call her to share good news or cry on her shoulder. Then I just look up and smile. I pray that my friend and his family get to this point soon.

1 comment:

  1. awww...Julie, i didn't know you lost your mom 3 years ago. i am sure that has been hard. saying a prayer for your friend.

    ReplyDelete