Monday, January 12, 2009

My husband is getting to hear Joe Paterno, his coaching idol, speak today, but he was concerned about the amount of money it was going to cost to do so. I guess I should say JoePa is a professional and a personal idol of my husband's. It got me thinking: how much would you pay for an opportunity like that? I appreciate that he worries about our finances, but I would go into debt to let him have that experience if we had to. It really isn't costing that much: $70, and that is not just to hear JoePa speak, but to register for a professional clinic; we spend more than that on things that don't matter at all!

And that brought me to another thought: my best friend has a mental list of the "best money she has spent in her life." (In other words, the things she felt like were most important to her and what they cost.) Me? Not so much. I pretty much just waste money, it seems, or spend it on necessities like groceries and toilet paper. I hope today's experience will go on Scott's list. Do you have a list like that? I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. What a great question! Best money I've ever spent? I'm going to have to think about that one although the first thing that comes to mind is that I've never regretted the money spent going on vacation!

    ReplyDelete